Sunday, June 29, 2008

nonetheless, take a step

It takes awhile to accumulate enough paints/junk to make a masterpiece as good as this picture below. You would not believe but I cleaned up/threw away recently....
(Today, after cooking some appetizers (SOME? ok. a LOT) I should have taken a photo of my kitchen. I make messes. I just do. Who would guess I am in fact a pretty clean/neat person? You probably would laugh after you saw my house today.)

Today I took a step (some might say back) in the direction of simple, still lifes. I feel rusty and wanted to 'get back to the basics.' Still lifes are pretty much what I did in my intro art classes in college. I painted fruit all day, everyday for months. I hated it. But who would guess I resorted back to that today? I am going to try to have fun with it and try to get back on track. I even bought these beautiful apples at the grocery!


Stay tuned for more work on this....

No comments: