Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bluff Park Art Show

This past October I attended the Bluff Park Art Show . Many people approached me to tell me how wonderful the show was and how I really must see 'what it's all about.' Needless to say, I loved it. I spent hours with my coworker and friend Sarah wandering around the many amazing pieces of art.

I need to make a goal for myself...a goal to enter my first show. But my standards have to be even higher if I am going to try to sell any of my work at a show. I missed the cut-off for submissions this April for the October '08 show due to calligraphy commitments (and 1000 weddings) but I am plan to start now and get a collection together for the show in '09. I am going to begin to paint more consistently and work on my technique.

I am close to finishing this painting so I will go ahead and post it. Maybe this will be my first piece to enter the show?

I'll be glad when I can finally get a dedicated paint room because I NEED a place where I can make messes. (Yes, have another temporary roomate moving in...) I also need to stock up on some supplies. My brushes are worn, my linseed oil is running out and my paint colors are very limited. I refuse to get anything unless it is on sale at Hobby Lobby so lets pray that when I head there this week all my items are on sale. :) Luckily it is located next to my gym (and I have surprisingly been able to limit my visits).

No comments: