Wednesday, December 9, 2009

it's the most wonderful time of the year...

I am writing to let you know I am fully aware that my Bluff Park art show submissions must be ready by April 1st. I am fully prepared to have them done in time. I have a million ideas in my head. BUT because pictures make everything better (in my opinion) let me explain myself....I have been busy and somewhat distracted.

Most of all I have fully gotten into the holiday spirit. It started with the annual cabin trip...




Yes, can you believe it? That is SNOW you see.  And this was our "cabin."  (It actually belongs to one of my best friend's parents.  They have worked hard on it for years and it shows!!! How blessed are we?!) We are actually in Arley, AL despite what it may seem.  We felt like we might as well have been in Montana and not on Smith Lake. 

I cannot take credit for the awesome photos above.  You can tell which ones are not from my camera.  Ann Wade came along with us (if you are in need of a wedding photographer....she is one for you!). She brought along her "backup" professional camera. I am telling you. We had a BLAST with it. The weekend made for some great pictures and I am now convinced I need an SLR camera. Thanks, AW! I NEED one for painting, right? MAYBE that should be my goal to save up my profits on painting (and encourage me to get my butt moving).  MAYBE?  I think that is motivation.  I am leaning towards a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. I have always loved my Canons....all 5 of them.

When I got home on Sunday I was inspired to craft.  I've been doing a lot of work/calculus and my creative mind needed some exercise.  My friend (thank you Jarred!!!!!!!) brought me some awesome pine cones.  They try to sell ones at pottery barn that are half this cool. I guilded them and put them in my garland and on my wreath and that is what I needed for the finishing touches of my Christmas decorations. Pottery barn...watch out.


That is all I leave you with tonight.  Next time maybe I will have an oil paint related post to share. :)

4 comments:

Lora G said...

That's our camera! We LOVE it!! Cool collage.

Lora G said...

Actually, I think we have the XS, not the XSi, anyway. It's the bomb. Maybe I can convince Nick to let me bring it to the potluck.

Shelley said...

OH! Yes yes yes! Bring it and we can do a photo shoot. The collage was done with word and paint. Ghetto huh? If I get a camera I am going to also want photoshop and if I get photoshop I am ALSO going to want a new PC (cause it is not going on that old 5 year dell I got when we lived together). And then you have lenses. So yeah, I am a little scared to go there. I honestly dont know the big difference between the XS and XSi. I just looked at the reviews and they are wonderful! Ok, I am going to stop typing a novel now...like I did to yall yesterday...

Lora G said...

haha, I just saw this. I swear the camera is so great and wonderful even on an auto setting (that's for amateurs like me). Julie just bought one too. Everybody's doin it ;)