Friday, April 24, 2009

OR I could just start over...

and that is just what I did. Start over. For the first time (besides sips n strokes) I painted in acrylics. Hey, I was on a deadline and I didn't want Katelyn to be born into a room smelling like oils. (Plus, I am hoping to give this on Saturday at the baby shower.) Little did I know HOW fast acrylics dried. I notice there is a type of slow-drying acrylic medium. PROBABLY should've purchased this. Each time I failed to mix enough paint and there is no blending once that stuff dries. NONE. I will grab some pictures later but the tubes of acrylics look similar and are the same named colors and my oil paints. It made me feel more comfortable. After all, I am actually doing this FOR someone and I want it cute!

Here are the pics:

Day 1

(Look closely and you will see my laptop on a chair. This is what I had to do in order to watch tv. Thankfully I was able to catch up on some Sunday night shows after the fact due to lovely Alabama storms.)

Day 2 (late last night)



And another...(Next step is a circle in the middle with Katelyn's initials in hot pink.)

No comments: