Monday, January 11, 2010

One minor and one major update

Major update first:
It appears I might be able to actually sew a thing or two.  I made the pillow to the right yesterday.  It's made of cream fleece. I have a throw LP(G) gave me in the same fabric monogrammed in brown so when I found this fleece on sale at Joann's, I knew it was meant to be.  I literally sat at my table and followed along with the instructional DVD on how to thread my bobbin and etc.  This pillow is the result.  Is it 100% quality? No.  But it's a start (especially at $11 total...fleece and 20 inch pillow insert)




Here is a view of the pillow on the couch. I am debating doing one for the other side....it's just more usable than my other pottery barn pillows which are starting to look rough.


AND here is what I worked on until I started the sewing project....yep, still intimidating.  But like I've said, my favorite ones start out that way.  The easel makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world.  ALL the difference!

No comments: