Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Double Decker Arts Festival (Oxford, MS)

My past weekend was spent here:




The Double Decker Festival (Oxford, MS) had a 24 hour delay due to the severe weather that passed through.  We were spared but unfortuantely Yazoo City was not.  It is amazing how beautiful the sky can appear after a storm.  Driving home was the perfect example.   I think this would make a perfect painting. (So perfect that I turned around and stopped the car for a picture.)



And before I forget...I left the show with this...thanks to my parents for the unexpected early bday gift!  It's a magnolia ( Mississippi appropriate).


Stay tuned for some artwork updates. I am motivated!

2 comments:

A Wydner said...

The magnolia is so pretty! What a great addition to your already cute home!

Shelley said...

Thanks, Alison. I love it. It is on my mantle just so I can look at it every time I walk by!