Sunday, March 14, 2010

Couple Dancers and City Grocery

I still have detail work to do on the couple.  I am debating painting windows in the background looking through to dark branches.  Thoughts?  I almost like it simple.  Why am I painting this? Because I found a picture I like.

I sketched this from the picture to the left a couple weeks ago.  I started with the underpainting tonight.  I am trying to follow the rulebooks and paint the underpainting first.  (Ok, the dark blue is too dark for a typical underpainting but it'll be fine.)  Remember, don't judge by the underpainting.  They are always ugly and the colors are never final!  This one should be challenging to say the least.  Straight lines are my enemy!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Whoohoo!!! I'm excited! Nice photography! :) Oh, and nice painting, too!

Kitchen Sinks said...

Such amazing post...we can also use this in home decorating....please update with new designs...thanks for sharing.

Gallery 802 said...

It is so much pretty.....love this painting......keep it up this great work and grow day by day..hour and hour

Shelley said...

Thank you guys. I am so flattered. I never know if gradual changes are boring posts so it is good to know they aren't. I will keep the posts coming...WHEN I actually sit down to paint again!