Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas and MY VERY OWN REAL ART EASEL

I hope every one of you had a very Merry Christmas!! It went by too fast as always....  One of my Christmas gifts has to do with my art endeavors so I thought I would share it with you!  'Santa' brought me this.  (Obviously not the painting but the art easel.)


This easel is just like the ones we had in the art studio in college.  I CAN'T WAIT to use it.  (After I type this I am actually heading to use it.)

To give you an idea, I worked on an easel I bought at Home Goods for about 5 years now.  When I moved into my house I had 2 roomates and nowhere to store this big of an easel (nor was I sure I would get the use out of it).  Imagine painting the large painting you see here on the easel in the back left corner of the first picture!  It was difficult.  If I pressed too hard on the corners the canvas would flip off the easel. Now I am secure and I can move it up and down, tilt it backwards or forwards, etc! 

I WISH I had taken a picture of the assembly.  That would have been the best picture of all.  It didn't take us long to realize the easel would not fit in my car.  Mom and Dad would have to bring it to me at home point.  I had fully prepared myself to wait but they were sweet enough to drive back with me and bring it TODAY.  Little did they know they would also be helping out with assembly.  The instructions were some of the WORST I have seen.  3 minds and about an hour (I think) later, we had it up.  THANK YOU MOM AND DAD.  I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Ok, off to paint. :)

P.S.  There is a sewing machine under that white box.  I am about to learn how to use it.  Wish me luck.  Fabric has always been my enemy.  I am determined to start making aprons!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love it!! (and the painting!) Aprons are adorable and you can start selling on Etsy. If you want an easy start just to get your sewing rhythm going then start with some cute pillows.

p.s. the word verification it's making me put in is "socer". I realize that's not the correct spelling of "soccer", but I still thought it was pretty appropriate.