Tuesday, July 29, 2008

airport boredom and art rooms

Just when I thought I was out of things to do, I remember this blog. Yes, I have been sitting in the Birmingham airport for hours. In fact, I thought about taking a video of the storm that went through here. That would have been perfect to post (ashame I didnt).



But here is where I am parked:

This storm was UNREAL. I am talking no power (havent they heard of generators), lightening strikes feet away, the Southwest employees on the loud speaker begging people to move away from the windows, and the luggage carts flying across the runway. We only have one gate that wasn't damaged in the storm, the air IS back on (thank you LORD), but all the planes were diverted and the one plane here they claim has hail damage.

And I was bragging to Catherine an hour ago how I love the Bham airport. Now I get to spend some QT with the Bham airport. I think my plane is sitting in Nashville. At least I am on the non-stop to Washington, DC.

ALL this being said, I have not had any art projects to post lately. Things have been quite crazy BUT I am about to embark in something that took around 3 years to happen....a PERMANENT art room. I have a blank slate to work with. (Sweet Rog has moved the bed out already for me.)

I am looking for creative ideas to do with this extra art room. Right now I have an easel and a bright yellow square table from my play house growing up.

Any ideas?

I did a little searching on the internet. I want it to be a a tastefull art room but very usable. I refuse to put 10000 nail holes in my wall so I am working around that....

No comments: