Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tahoe Sunset - Here goes nothing!

I started this painting awhile back...maybe even a year ago...and was intimidated. The painting and photo is Lake Tahoe. It's one of my favorite photos I have ever taken. Sally and I drove from Reno (while at a conference) since Tahoe was close. I will attempt to do it justice with a painting. (Photos are where I get most my ideas.)

It has been awhile since I have done a painting as large as the nightime dancers hung above my couch. My motivation is this huge canvas I paid a pretty penny for (don't be worried...still half-off at Hobby Lobby). I have plenty of paint. I should be able to make this work.


Are there any artists out there who oil paint and have a genius idea on how to clean oil brushes with little mess? I have jars and jars of turpentine substitute waiting to take to an environmental disposal day! It still does not clean the brushes well. I go through packs of brushes!

...HERE GOES NOTHING!













No comments: