Wednesday, August 27, 2008

my love for black and white photograhs...

During the summer of '03 I took a photography class. At the time I had already fulfilled my art minor requirments but wanted to take the class so badly...ignoring the claims that it was impossible to make an "A!" I borrowed an old Pentax from Uncle Jimmy with the coolest camera strap. (People would ask me where I got it and I would proudly say it was authentic and "vintage." I am pretty sure you can't find one that cool in a store.)

I spent many hours in the darkroom late, late at night. I was employed by the college as one of the 2 'Summer Scholar' college leaders. Jared (the other leader) and I spent many hours entertaining high school students in the evenings. This forced me to develop pictures either very late at night or during the wee hours of the morning! As creepy as the dark room can seem, it was a pretty darn cool place and I miss it.

While shopping this past weekend (trying to keep dry from Fay) I found a framed black and white photo at my FAV store, HomeGoods. I have so much art in my house and it is ALL projects I did in college, which I love. But I loved this photo too. I don't think I could have taken a picture, had it printed, and had it framed for as cheap as this was. So I bought it "to try it out."

It's exactly what I needed! I love it and everytime I walk in my kitchen it makes me smile. It also makes me want to pick back up a camera...



P.S. I got the A!

No comments: