Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stadium Update



I leave you with this picture tonight. I have a looooong way to go. I was toying with trying to finish before season starts but who am I kidding? That gives me how many days...I know you Bama fans out there can rattle that off...

All the 'mess-ups' and crooked lines happened when Jillian let out a squeal. Ok, kidding. It was me cringing when Wes' name was brought up.

Onto another subject: Goop. Those of you out there who do not have this in your house (especially those of you who craft) go buy a container. Seriously. It is less than $3. Your clothes/apholstry/towels will thank you. My professor had this staple in my Painting 101 class. If you ever were to get oil paint on your clothes, you glob on a layer of goop. It keeps the stain from setting and, when you wash the clothes, the paint magically disappears.

I have a beautiful, very white hand towel in my guest bathroom upstairs. This bathroom is 'lucky' enough to double as the bathroom to my 'art studio.' I'm normally pretty good about keeping my paint contained.

I wish I had a before and after picture of my white cotton towel. Imagine the blue of the above sky splattered on a stark white handtowel. Goop. A miracle in a small container. I will leave you with pictures so you know what to go and buy.


2 comments:

seth said...

it looks awesome shelley! it really does. i'm excited...and you know we were shooting for xmas..right?

Shelley said...

Grammatical errors. Trying this again:

I've failed to update the blog lately. I painted on it last night, even!

And of course I remember Christmas. I want to give myself PLENTY of time (in case I mess it up)! :) The more time you spend on it, the better it looks. It just happens that way for me...