Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easter Coloring Contests

Do you know what seems to be missing these days?  Easter coloring contests at the local drugstore.  I passed one of these bunnies in the grocery this weekend and remebered these coloring contests. 

They would provide you an Easter picture to color. Once completed you would bring it in and they would hang them around the store.  Harco was our local drugstore.  Jill, Carol, and I loved these contests.  I think it is safe to say we dominated the Harco coloring contests every year.  I remember one year getting creative and making mine 3 dimensional with a cotton tail.   Mom, you probably remember this better than I do.

Why did the chocolate bunny remind me of these contests?  I remember winning and receiving one as a prize.  I also remember the disappointment when I bit in and learned it was hollow.  Even so, it was chocolate so I got over it pretty fast.  Bring back the coloring contests!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Awwww.....I miss them, too and yes, we DID dominate them!!! I have such good colorers!!! It was fun for you to try to spend the gift certificates they gave you for winning, too!