Saturday, April 30, 2011

Updates - Triumph Art Show and Etc

Thank you to my amazing friend (/little) and art show supporter, Ashley Vines.  She made me take this picture at the art show when we stopped by.  Otherwise I would have been shy and would have regretted not taking the picture.  I actually met the girl today at the Magic City Art Show who purchased the painting.  I am more than flattered and am waiting to see how the other paintings fare.


It's been a somber week around Alabama. I am extremely blessed and so are most of my friends and coworkers.  An event like this makes you grateful for all you have when you see pictures of those who have lost everything....just miles away.  I have heard many sad, depressing stories.  In fact, I have had to pry myself away from radio and tv.  Today I visited the Boy Scout troop drop off in Vestavia loaded with water, diapers, and batteries.  They were working tirelessly and the amount they have collected is simply amazing.  That is just one small Boy Scout troop.  Examples like that are all across town.  The help and support from the community and across the country is heartwarming. 





I had my fence built 2 days before the storms hit.  We knew storms were on the way and I wanted to get it built before the rain while I had a "not-so-busy-week."  I am lucky it is still standing and tried to ensure it's going to last for a long time by painting it today with polyurethane.  Not exactly the painting I like to do but I hope it pays off...

Off to paint.  I did some paint room organizing when I was without power.  It was needed!

No comments: