Thursday, October 15, 2009

2010 Goals

MAYBE my longest to date...so brace yourself...

I mentioned in my previous post I have goals for next year. This year, once again, I attended the Bluff Park Art Show (and once again with Carrie by my side). We talked, did some thinking, and I came to a realization. I really CAN do this. I WILL do this. I like to think once I put my mind to something, I complete it (this is what I tell myself regarding my MBA decision lately...but that is another story). So with the decision to exhibit at a show came some other necessary puzzle pieces. Without further ado here is the list, to my friends, and the blog world. No turning back!

2010 Goals

1. Exhibit at the 2010 Bluff Park Art Show
Is there anyone in Birmingham with an extra 10x10 booth available the first Saturday of October 2010? :) I believe I know how I will hang most the paintings and I believe I will frame a good many. I need to determine pricing and a few other details. I hope to complete at least 15 paintings. Please mark your calendars and come see me....first Saturday in October. If there are football games on the tv, I will have a radio for you to come listen. You can't beat October weather.

2. Determine my niche
I tend to be all over the place in what I paint. I need your help deciding what to paint for sale. I will be placing a poll on the blog. PLEASE give me your opinions. The hardest part of a painting to me is determining where to begin!

3. Create a (non-blog, grown-up) website
I actually have gotten underway with this project (my love of computers also helps this goal). What about my blog? Isn't that a website, Shelley? This will be more professional and a page intended to print on business cards and one you can send people to find current and past artwork. But don't worry. There is a link on the page to the blog.

4. Purchase business cards
This will naturally follow after the completion of the website. I have high standards on what I want to do with these. I am looking on Etsy and other places for ideas. Do you know of anywhere? Please advise.

and last but not least...
5. Attend Double Decker Weekend in Oxford
Mom and Dad talk about this each year and they are certain I must exhibit. For those of you wondering where this is...it is in Oxford (MS) of course. I do not feel like I can exhibit until I have attended (you know, to scope out the scene).

I think that is a long but achievable list. I am hard at work on it already. Nothing like getting a jumpstart on 2010.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Shelley, all of those sound like such excellent goals! I am so impressed and proud of you for getting involved with your painting like this! We still need to get together soon...